rocktron piranha vs. engl E530

alekke

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm afraid the Piranha's mp3' I can make are based on a speakersimulator and, to be honest, they resemble any other SS pedal recorded though a line input right into a computer. Yes, I makes no differencs wether it is the Maxon 880 or Digitech Hod Rod or Piranha. The sound is all the same. And I'm afraid it can only spoil the impression :(

Here's some Piranha's clean

http://moydodyr.sbn.bz/mp3/pirclean.mp3

The soundcard distorts the sound a bit.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Jun,

Do you mind sharing where you snagged the E580 schematic from? I'm looking for several different Engl amps schematics (just for personal study of the differences) and I'd love to see the E580 one. If you have the Powerball, Fireball or SE too, I'd love to see those as well. PM me if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Elric,

You might be right. Like I said it's a theory that I came up with after trying the Piranha and disliking it. I just checked the schematic for the Engl E580 and the guitar hits the tube right away but it's $3500!!!!

Jun

Guest Anonymous

I always find it hilarious that people actually want to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on gear for death metal. I can promise any death metal fan (like myself) out there that you will be way happier with a rocktron pro gap or even a crate xl pre than any tube unit out there. I mean, are you really going for that sweet sweet elusive tube tune? Or sag? {censored} no. You want razor sharp brutality. Thats what these pre amps were made for. Just remember...

It's just G.A.S.!

You don't HAVE to have tubes if you're in a death metal band. Nobody is going to notice anyway. Eric Johnson doesn't listen to death metal.

Archived