Aphex 109 Tube EQ?

• Members

I saw a couple of these on eBay, and thought the Aphex might be a suitable two-channel replacement for my single-channel ART Tube Channel. Any users, past or present? This would be for use in a rack, with two preamps and connected effects going into separate sides of a stereo tube power amp. The ART is cool, but I'd like to move it out of the current rack since it is really just getting used as a guitar EQ and could be put to better use as a general-purpose mic pre/compressor/EQ instead.

• Moderators
I saw a couple of these on eBay, and thought the Aphex might be a suitable two-channel replacement for my single-channel ART Tube Channel. Any users, past or present? This would be for use in a rack, with two preamps and connected effects going into separate sides of a stereo tube power amp. The ART is cool, but I'd like to move it out of the current rack since it is really just getting used as a guitar EQ and could be put to better use as a general-purpose mic pre/compressor/EQ instead.

I own one, and will vouch for it's effectiveness. It can do mono or dual. I'm using it at this time to flatten my monitors out just a tad.

Archived