The Edge's tech talks about his Rack gear

Zachman

• Members

:D
he sure knows what he's talking about, but DUDE!!! he sounds SO gay, whenever he opens his mouth... I'd either strangle him or demand he took macho-speech-lessons if i had to tour with this guy
:lol:

impressive rig though.. not disccussable
;)

LOL :lol:

• Members

Hey Zachman,

Thanks for sharing the U2/Dallas Schoo guitar tech videos. This originally aired on Tech TV a couple of years ago when it first came out.

Guitar George

I am happy to share something of interest w/ Monster Rack Forum, as the effects forum guys, are hard-assed trolls, for the most part, with a few exceptions against rack gear. If you want a real laugh, check this out: :lol:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1840918

• Members

LOL! Homophobia! It's great isn't it!

It's not that i don't like guys that dig other guys, but the homosexual guys i know, certainly don't talk like all they want for christmas is a sex change operation :lol:

You can call me homophobic though - anything for you hon' :D

• Members

Very cool, thanks for posting! U2/Edge have always been one of my favorite bands/guitarists...I've seen that stuff onstage plenty of times and wondered how the hell he manages all of it. The thing that I think speaks volumes about Edge is that in spite of the sheer number of effects he uses, he still manages to use them all tastefully and never overdoes it.

• Members

No, that's not a double entendre. It is stereotyping an entire group of people.

get over yourself, I didn't take it to mean gay in the homosexual way, rather ghey in the that's lame or funny kinda way. you know, the double entendre kinda way...

my perspective

• Members

Very cool, thanks for posting! U2/Edge have always been one of my favorite bands/guitarists...I've seen that stuff onstage plenty of times and wondered how the hell he manages all of it. The thing that I think speaks volumes about Edge is that in spite of the sheer number of effects he uses, he still manages to use them all tastefully and never overdoes it.

:thu:

Agreed, there are so many guys who are under the false impression that if you use rack gear that it is sterile, A/D D/A and overly done. It certainly doesn't have to be and The Edge shows that creativity with effects can go a long way.

• Members

I am happy to share something of interest w/ Monster Rack Forum, as the effects forum guys, are hard-assed trolls, for the most part, with a few exceptions against rack gear.

Hey! Not all of them are trolls (ok, a fair few of them are)

Archived