The rack calls to me.

• Members

Kenton Electronics, a UK based firm make a rack mountable Midi to CV converter. There are rumours that people have used this to drive Dunlop rack wahs via Midi expression pedals.

My personal solution was to dedicate a multi fx unit solely to rack duties, in my case a Viscount EFX-10 which is a neat little half rack unit built in the mid-90's. Cost me under

• Members

I looked at kenton's site, frankly since you'd only be using one of the three outputs, I think it's a bit expensive to just dedicate to a wah controller.

I tend to agree, but I'm also adverse to dropping $600 on a Dunlop Rack Wah. By the time that's shipped to the UK with all the b*stard taxes, it'd be more like

• Members
I'd guess you're looking at getting a multicore of some sort running from rack to floorboard to give you all the different signal paths you'd need if the mixer's in the rack. That'll add a lot of length to the signal path if each pedal is in it's own loop. Assuming 20ft front to back that's 40ft of signal cable per pedal in use.
:eek:
It may be worth looking at housing that in the floor board somehow. Alternatively rack the pedals and get a couple of duplicates to put in different loops if you need more than one sound out of a given pedal.

Bugger.

Here's the mixer itself, front and back.

1zy96ac.jpg

15x4qww.jpg

I'm just wondering if I can use the mixer to "mix in" the pedals into the signal when I want them, and also to route the signal to different amps simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I managed to work out the routing now.

I'll be using the ACM as like a set of "taps" to send/block the signals to their respective amps/channels. It will be in the amp stack.

I'll use a switching system on the floor to loop in/out pedals & handle the signal splitting etc. It will deliver three signals to the rack, two straight to the ACM, and one to my GCX for another signal split. Those two signals are then to the ACM, and another signal that comes from the Slave Out of one of my amps.

Archived