Rack Insulation Foamy sheets - where to buy?

• Members

Where can I purchase the insulation material in flat sheets that surrounds shock mount rack rails?

I've checked my Home Depot - nothing that isn't in a $80 roll!! I'm sure whatever I'd buy I'd trim to fit. I'm more concerned with the absence of the material now that its damn cold in these parts & gigs are coming soon.

Thanks in advance!:thu:

• Members

Thanks buddy! I'm really looking for the stuff that they line gun cases with, you know - rifles, etc.
;)
Its grey and has raised bits on it...

Oh, that's not Styrofoam. It's foam rubber and I'm pretty sure it's called eggshell foam, but I don't know how good it'll work as insulation for your rack.

You'll get lots of hits with a Google search, but unless the color absolutely, positively has to be gray, it's the same stuff they make mattress pads out of. You can check them out at any department or bedding store...

• Members

thanks! I know there is not a whole lot to the insulation part - but its part cosmetic as well.
:)

FWIW

The insulation material is an important factor, for longevity, as well as it's shock dampening ability. Yes the cosmetic part is cool too. I like it. ;)

Eventually I would like to upgrade my case to a Kriz Kraft Case, but they are expensive, and my A&S case is still in good shape, so it's not imperative to change soon.

• Members

here's where i plan on getting mine:

the foam factory

prices seem reasonable, and if you aren't feeling DIY enough to cut it yourself they'll do it for you.

once my GAS results in a bigger mic collection, i'll be getting some sheets and putting them to work.

@ further lo: if there's better deals to be had via your company, i'd love to know as well.

Archived