Please post light pics here!

StratKat

• Members

This is a short description pictorally of differet types of lights. Please post pics or urls of various configurations for educational purposes to those wanting to get involved with stage lights.

1000028118_1272002104619PM0.7065241.jpg

------------------

Robby (on the FDP)

StratKat (on the NG's)

Free Lessons below at:

www.stratKat.com

[This message has been edited by StratKat (edited March 04, 2002).]

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

fresnelite.jpg

This is a Fresnel (Pronounced frennell) which is you're basic stage cover light. This paricular model is the Quartet 650w by Strand. Be careful moving this light when hot, there are practically no parts of it which don't become very hot to the touch. :)

• Members

High End make some of the nicest moving head units in the industry.. If you can afford them... ;)

I don't know any specfic sites for lighting design but there are a ton of good books to read. I have a great film lighting book around. I will get the name of it if anyone is interested...

RImmer

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Bill -

I've seen this and other pictures of your rig before, way cool.

I see you use Novascans & Chauvet color changers, what do you use to control it? How big a stage can you play with that before it starts to wash out? I'm looking at a situation where I can just about buy everything you have listed, or rent Martin 918's and MAC 250's for a 4 day rental. I've worked w/the 918's and 250's before. I know they're both in the way pro theatrical category vs. the way upscale bar/club/dj category of the VEI and Chauvet stuff, but I'm trying to figure out if I can get by with (and own) your type of setup vs. renting 'the big guns' when I need them

• Members

The difference between the "Big guns" and the VEI/Chauvet gear will distance of effective throw.

The VEI NovaScans work best up to 25' of throw while the Omegas offer decent brightness up to about 20 feet.

Which fixtures you need will depend on the venue you work in and where the rigging points are. Certainly if there is a 30' ceiling you'll need Bigger guns, but for the average bar/lounge type of venue the VEI and Chauvet fixtures will offer a nice show at an affordable price.

Archived