Light Controller

joedobronski

• Members

The Dimmer packs have 4 sets of 2 outlets. Each of the 4 is uniquely identifiable via DMX. So if you want individual control over each of the 8 lights you will need 2 dimmer packs. If you can double up the cans and control 2 as if they were 1 - then you can get a single Dimmer Pack.

Make sense?

• Members

Hi Bill,

That looks nice - Question 1 - if I only need 8 lights, arn't there 8 plug ins on a single DMX-4? ( I know I'm missing something - just not sure what )..

Thanks,

Joe

As long as you don't exceed the recommended wattage per channel yes you can do this.

You didn't tell us what lights you have to run off of the dimmer pack.

Bill is a cautious and smart guy I'm sure he recommended two so that you would have enough output for your lights without burning anything up.

• Members

You're right I didn't tell you what lights - sorry, it is like this - two pin spots usually on #1 and #8 for the disco ball. #2 is an LED par 56, #3 is a Cyborg , #5 is Roto Balls, #7 is a FlashBeam. #4 and #6 are spares.

Is there a nice unit that has 8 plug ins instead of having to do 2x4s ?

• Members

You're right I didn't tell you what lights - sorry, it is like this - two pin spots usually on #1 and #8 for the disco ball. #2 is an LED par 56, #3 is a Cyborg , #5 is Roto Balls, #7 is a FlashBeam. #4 and #6 are spares.

Is there a nice unit that has 8 plug ins instead of having to do 2x4s ?

Your pin spots need to be on a switched circut,the LED 56 can run directly off the controller that Bill recommened,the Cyborg is on a switched channel Rotoballs are switched and the flashbeam is also in need of a switch.

So you are in need of 4 switched channels and the channels the the LED 56 uses.

I think Bill hit the nail on the head with that controller and dimmer combo.

That dimmer lets you choose between dimmer mode or switch mode,so you'll be able to use your effect lighting with that controller easily.

I recommend that you read the basic band lighting guide at the top of the page that'll get you going better on the switch to DMX control.:thu:

• 10 months later...

Archived