I've spent $1000; what should I get next?

Phantasm

• Members

Daniel, I have gone the way of the poor man's hazer I mounted a fan on the front of my fogger and it works great , it turns a fogger into a fazor so all you need is short bursts of fog to haze the room , get a timer for the fog mach. and that's it constant haze . I'm thinking the same thing on the Chauvet intimidators 2 maybe 4 to add that cross beams . I'm also thinking about 2 chauvet derby X's to give me more movement and they go for only about $120 each . I have used an american DJ quad gem and that works well but a bit more expensive. Yeah man BR is THE area for cover bands . I'm due to come out and see you guys again , but NOT the Bengal cause she shorted us $250 last time we played there and I won't set foot in the place untill it's sold

later

D

• Members

Daniel, I have gone the way of the poor man's hazer I mounted a fan on the front of my fogger and it works great , it turns a fogger into a fazor so all you need is short bursts of fog to haze the room , get a timer for the fog mach. and that's it constant haze . I'm thinking the same thing on the Chauvet intimidators 2 maybe 4 to add that cross beams . I'm also thinking about 2 chauvet derby X's to give me more movement and they go for only about $120 each . I have used an american DJ quad gem and that works well but a bit more expensive. Yeah man BR is THE area for cover bands . I'm due to come out and see you guys again , but NOT the Bengal cause she shorted us $250 last time we played there and I won't set foot in the place untill it's sold

later

D

I looked at an Intimidator 1.0 at GC last night and it wasn't too shabby. I think I'd still prefer the 2.0 since it's LED.

I really want more of those ADJ 64B Pros, but I'm having trouble finding them for $179 like the first four were. They aren't too shabby at all.

Shane says he's going to come down to the Downtown Balcony this Friday so he can talk to Jamie and check us out. Maybe you could ride with him? If you havent' seen the venue yet, it's a cool place that you guys need to get into!

• Members

From what I've seen and heard the price of par64 leds are coming down or at least you can get almost as good as the big boys for less than half the price . Yeah I'd like the 2.0 but since the 1.0 are discontinued you can get factory restock for about $100 . I just might ride with shane on fri

• Members

Well, let me tell you the route we went since you're interested!

Thanks for the update.

Those Chauvet Intimidators look like a good addition to add movement and action to your show.

The PAR 64B LED Pros look like multi color cans. I don't know if you use an amber filter on them as they do not appear to be white. Do they give your performers good color when they are mounted in front?

• Members

If you're looking for some inexpensive moving lights that are super easy to use, I got two of these and love them:

They look really cool sitting on the ground pointing up through the fog/haze

Jason, thats a cool light but I'd spend a lil bit more and grab a chauvet Derby X , gives you more coverage and you can do the staging effect going from the 1st light to the last

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Chauvet-Derby-X-DMX-LED-Effect-Light?sku=500525

• Members

Thanks for the update.

Those Chauvet Intimidators look like a good addition to add movement and action to your show.

The PAR 64B LED Pros look like multi color cans. I don't know if you use an amber filter on them as they do not appear to be white. Do they give your performers good color when they are mounted in front?

I find yellow (more red than green when mixed) works best for standard light; we have been approaching it with a different mindset. We use different colors for different songs, whatever our light girl thinks fits best.

That is the knock on LEDs, they don't look "natural" unless you have RGBAW lights. I figure well roll with these for a while while waiting for RGBAW to hit that $200-$250 price point.

Archived