Deal of the YEAR! Chauvet Tri-LED PAR38

soundlight

• Members

After looking at this deal, I am considering buying 12 38 Tri's to replace our existing lights (2 trees of 4 par38 cans each). We play small bars with postage stamp stages (10 to 15' wide by 8 to 12' deep ). I am tired of my hair feeling like it is going to catch on fire from the par 38 bulbs we currently have on a tree that seems to always get placed right next to the mains. Will 12 of these put out enough light to light up a small stage with say 3 on each front corner, 3 on the floor in front and 3 on the floor in the back?

• Members

I had 8 of the 38-18 on backorder for a couple of weeks now, today GC cancelled 6 of the 8 cans without even telling me. I ended up cancelling out the other 2 since that was all they had left in stock. With everyone saying they got a DOA unit or 2 with thier order I figured it would not be worth getting only 2. Guess I'll start surfing for more deals somewhere else.

• Members

After looking at this deal, I am considering buying 12 38 Tri's to replace our existing lights (2 trees of 4 par38 cans each). We play small bars with postage stamp stages (10 to 15' wide by 8 to 12' deep ). I am tired of my hair feeling like it is going to catch on fire from the par 38 bulbs we currently have on a tree that seems to always get placed right next to the mains. Will 12 of these put out enough light to light up a small stage with say 3 on each front corner, 3 on the floor in front and 3 on the floor in the back?

You probably would be fine with 8 of them on a small stage, 4 per side, simply replace the par 38's you have. Here's a video someone posted on youtube of 2 of the par 38 tri's.

• Members

They did the same to me. I got them to give me the 38 Tri's for the 39.95 (10 off of the current price). In my case they shipped 2 of them and canceled the 6. Of course, they are also on back order. I am waiting for 18 of them.

I have 6 more on order myself, hopefully GC and/ or MF will be able to fill the orders; Bill posted earlier in this thread that Chavuet is discontinueing the chrome fixture.

• Members

I had 8 of the 38-18 on backorder for a couple of weeks now, today GC cancelled 6 of the 8 cans without even telling me. I ended up cancelling out the other 2 since that was all they had left in stock. With everyone saying they got a DOA unit or 2 with thier order I figured it would not be worth getting only 2. Guess I'll start surfing for more deals somewhere else.

I was speaking with a salesperson at Progearsupply earlier this week who told me that they were putting the Irradiant par 38's on sale for $29 each. Regular price $79 each; however, when I checked their website they were not on sale. Sometimes this company puts on sales that are telephone order only. You might want to give them a call. These fixtures are the smaller LED's (1/4 watt) than what you would get in the Tri's. There are some youtube clips of the Irradiant 38's and they look like decent fixtures.

• Members
I had ordered 2 Chauvet LED PAR 38 TRI - LED's last friday and they just cancelled my order. They had said 32 days before shipping, but must have sold out all the chrome units.

Damn, that was a killer deal at $49 a pop...

yep, I got two just to see how they were. Immediately ordered two more when I got them but they just cancelled my order.

• Members

Today I received the 6 that I ordered about 3 weeks ago. Killer deal for $50 a piece. They're brighter and a tad bit smaller than my Opti RGB's.... not quite as "sturdy" of can, but again, for $50 a piece, quite a deal.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

They should work. However these have a narrow beam, more for spots than wash. I have 6 of the par 38-18's. I wish that I would have bought more. But I am having a hard time justifying $80 for a used one when I paid $34 for new ones.

• Members

Chris from the Brass?

I am looking at some light for my band. I have 2 cheap optima par 64 cans now. Would 6 of these provide enough stage wash for smaller venues?

I've been to the Lantern many many times, and I know who you are refferring to, but I am not that guy.

As mentioned the 38-18 are more of a spot than a flood. I use 4 38-18's for front lighting each member of my band, and use 2 colorstrips for side/rear wash and a colorstrip mini to uplight the drum set.

• Members

Damn, Why were they that cheap?

GC wanted to get rid of their supply of chrome 38-18's so listed them at a blowout price of $39.99. I called MF and mentioned the GC price. They said that they would not only match, but beat that price. So they charged me $33.99 + no tax and free shipping. Needless to say, they quickly burned through their stock.

I am looking forward to actually using these one day. They have been sitting around for months still in the boxes.

• Members

If I would run 6 38-18's with diffusers would it provide enough wash?

I probably would not recommend going that route. For wash consider a fixture made more for a wash: Strips, panels, or wide angle par cans such as the Chauvet colorsplash series.

Archived