has anyone here tried the American Dj Mega Tripar?

• Members
While the 40 degree beam spread is good for a wash the fixture has only 5w worth of diodes per color, For a bit more Blizzard's Puck 3NX offers nine 3w tri LEDs

yep, I understand that. I've been usin a pair of Chauvet 38-Tri cans per side for front wash and they have been more than enough.(6x3w) I'll check out the Blizzards.

• Members

^^^ That's still 6w less output than the Puck I listed and both fixtures MAP at $ 199.99

More output can be had with Blizzards Q6/A which offers 6 x 10w quad diodes or their Q12/A which is 12 x 10w quad diodes. Or look at the ColorStorm ParQ with 18 x 10w quad diodes.

• Members

I had a really bad CS experience with Blizzard. I placed a rush order (of items that were IN STOCK) on the Monday afternoon before NAMM.... They subsequently "forgot" about me and my rush order. Irregardless, I can only guess is because they were getting ready for NAMM...

Two weeks after NAMM was over, the Blizzard Pucks showed up at Guitar Center - had overnight shipping labels on them. GC promptly sent them back / credited my tab.

Not a good experience at all.

• Members

I've had great service from Blizzard. I had a power supply board go bad on one of my Pucks. I called them and they sent me a couple of boards overnight. I've also spoken with them on the phone (different question) and found them to be very responsive and helpful. And I can tell ya, the Q12As are absolutley stunning.

• Members

Your order was with Blizzard? or Guitar Center?

My GC Pro account rep.... Who is very diligent about his work and takes excellent care of me - and every order that I place with him. He spoke with Blizzard on the Monday afternoon that the order went in.... It was processed, and Blizzard said they'd send them out immediately.

Oops - Blizzard forgot about me.

Unfortunately for them, I will not be buying any of their products moving forward.

Archived