Wild Year of Lighting

TWSSBAND

• Members

So it has officially been a year since first getting into lighting for the band. I started from nothing and have progressed to

Obey 70 which was quickly upgraded to Magic 260

2 Colorrails (back)

4 Ministrips(2 for drums 2 for front)

4 Puck RGBA (back)

2 Venue Par38 (front)

2 Intimidator 1.0

2 ADJ Dynasty Scans

2 Halogen Blinders

1 10ft Crank Truss

2 Front T Bars

I think my next couple upgrades will be

Wireless DMX

Hazer

4 Intimidator Scan 300's

4 Pucks (Front)

Strobes

I know I have plenty more to learn and only have scratched the surface but I want to thank all of you for the help so far.

• Members

It's a bad addiction,isn't it! LOL!

Yes it is. I started buying lights for my bands three years ago. I was looking at and adding up what I've spent and (I hope my fiance is'nt reading this) It comes to about $6,500 :facepalm: I don't actually use all of them all the time (set-up time is a bitch) but on big jobs I will. I need two seperate circuits that can handle about 2500 watts each. I am going to build a distro to handle all of this. I will be setting them all up this next weekend for a two night job over in southern Indiana, I will post some pics from the event.

Magic 260 controller, with Behringer FCB1010 midi pedal board

8 par64, with 18 10w 4in1 leds on two T stands for front

2 Chauvet Intimadator spot 250's moving heads (one on top of each main cab)

8 par56 10mm leds on crank truss in back

12 pin spots with chase controller mounted in crank truss

10 older Chauvet Intimidator scanners 250w ea. (I mount 2 on ea. crank stand on back truss plus 3 more crank stands, one behind truss in middle and one on each end.) I picked up 2 more sections of truss for each side of the main truss so it looks something like

(T-T--T-T) the whole thing is 20' wide so very limited to where I can actually set this up.

20x8 black stage curtain for this set up. also a 10x8 black stage curtain for the main truss on most jobs.

MBT Hazer

Just bought 4 250w halogen worklight "blinders" at Home Depot $5.89 ea. (hey, they were on sale).

4 wireless DMX units.

Elation dimmer pack to trigger pinspot chase, blinders and hazer

A pile of DMX cables to hook all this together

just bought all new 12 ga. cords for power

Oh yea, that does not include the used 7x14 cargo trailer I bought because it all won't fit in my truck anymore.

Hello, my name is Doug, and I am a "Lightaholic"!

Archived