MIDI footpedal control for DMX

• Members

Hi all!

I am using an Optima OPT-1216 DMX controller and have been trying to figure out how to use a footpedal via the MIDI. I have a ART X-12 footpedal that I got on eBay but have not been able to get it to work with my Optima. To be honest, I don't really know what I am doing and I'm not totally sure the footpedal is any good.

I don't really need anything elaborate, I can get by with just scene up and scene down, and maybe a bank button.

Does anybody know if the ART is even compatible (I think it was for guitar)? If not, what do you suggest?

Thanks!

• Members

I STRONGLY suggest a Roland FC300 over the Behringer. Both will work but the Behringer has a reputation for making the user jump through hoops to get it working correctly. The FC300 worked correctly as soon as it was plugged in. The FC300 also can run on batteries so you won't need to run another AC cable to it like you will for the Behringer.

The caveat...the FC300 is almost 3 times the cost of the stock Behringer. I say "stock" Behringer because in order to get it to work reliably, it is highly recommended that you do an after market chip switch out. Do a Google for Behringer and UNO Chip.

• Members

Thanks guys, but these are way more elaborate than what I really need. I was hoping to find something a little more simple, maybe 3-4 switches to midi into my controller and run my 8 led pars from the stage. They sure don't make this easy, do they?

• Members

Try the Roland FS-6. I use that for preprogrammed shows. It uses a TRS plug to the DMXIS and has just two buttons that can be programmed to step up or step down presets of banks.

Thanks jwlussow, but I just checked. My Optima controller only has connections for MIDI and DMX (cannon plug).

Archived