Color Gels for PAR56 Front Lighting

djiceman1575

• Members

Talked to a buddy of mine who has 5 sets of 4x PAR56 halogen cans available for me to rent for small shows, which will work nice for front lighting (while I use my 16 Fab5's for rear lighting)...some will have no gels and be used to light the band, but what colors would you recommend to use for front lighting?  I've been told by a few people to avoid using green to the front.

• Members

djiceman1575 wrote:

Talked to a buddy of mine who has 5 sets of 4x PAR56 halogen cans available for me to rent for small shows, which will work nice for front lighting (while I use my 16 Fab5's for rear lighting)...some will have no gels and be used to light the band, but what colors would you recommend to use for front lighting?  I've been told by a few people to avoid using green to the front.

Am I reading it correctly that you'll be using 5x4 = 20 times 500 watts = 10 KW for front lights on a small show? Do you have a distro to power them? Bastard Amber for a wash is good for white folks, Congo Blue is awesome on black folks. Most other colors except green are useful (unless it's Halloween wink.gif ).

Archived