Led Parcan Help

• Members

Setup I have is 2 3100 lumen video projectors, 2 Intimidator 350 moving heads and 2 Slimpar 64. Looking to light just a single performer with front lighting.  I only put the Slimpars a foot or two from the performer. Now the complaint I have from the performer is that Slimpars look like crap compared to conventional parcans, is there anyway to get the look of regular parcans with LEDs? Perhaps geting a SlimPAR 64 RGBA, Blizzard Q6A/Q12A or Chauvet Color Dash Accent VW? Some sort of LED dimmer pack with some dimmable Parcans would be cool tool because I could run christmas lights off the same pack. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Members

jenkem_productions wrote:

Setup I have is 2 3100 lumen video projectors, 2 Intimidator 350 moving heads and 2 Slimpar 64. Looking to light just a single performer with front lighting.
 I only put the Slimpars a foot or two from the performer. 
Now the complaint I have from the performer is that Slimpars look like crap compared to conventional parcans, is there anyway to get the look of regular parcans with LEDs? Perhaps geting a SlimPAR 64 RGBA, Blizzard Q6A/Q12A or Chauvet Color Dash Accent VW? Some sort of LED dimmer pack with some dimmable Parcans would be cool tool because I could run christmas lights off the same pack. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'd borrow a couple 1000 watt PAR 64 fixtures and see what he thinks of those a foot or two from his face. I suspect the SlimPars will suddenly be less offensive to his delicate sensitivities biggrin.gif .

Is he complaining about the look of the "can" itself or the way the light look to him (discrete LEDs) ? If the latter a diffuser of some sort might solve it:

http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1764&MainId=0&Category=Lighting%20Products|Diffusion%20Filters

Archived