Power amp for Pod proxt

• Members

My guess is that the guys in the Amp forum would know more about this than me, since I don't use a rack setup anymore. I would recommend getting a nice tube amp, somewhere around 50W. Much more than that is going to be a bit loud, but that's just my taste. I don't know why so many people feel like they need to buy an amp with 100 or 150W or more, then they have to put a hot plate on it to keep the volume down. Doesn't make sense to me.

When I was looking, I looked at the smaller Mesa rackmount amp, the single rack space one, and that looked pretty good to me. But I have no idea how any of it sounds. Hope that helps a little, but probably not.

• Members

When you say power amp, do you mean one that you can use to directly drive a set of cabs or do you mean a combo--an amp and 12" in a box? If what you're looking for is the latter, is there some reason why you're not using your Line 6 Spider? Seems to me like they were made for one another.

The Preacher

• Members

A pod is supposed to model the sound to the extent that you don't need a specifically guitar amp.

I'd get a semi decent active speaker cab for it. Say a 150watt 12" + horn. Peavey? Yorkville?

If you ever need to it would work for vocals at rehearsals as well.

Archived