• Members

I have started building a PA. What I want to know is there anyway to save money on power amps. I have one now but is in my bass rig. It is a QSC PLX 2402. I would like to have 2 more of those but not enough money. What other options do I have on power amps? I need two one needs to have around 2000w the other can be around a 1000w. I would also like to run a 4 ohm load and not a 2 ohm load.

• Members
Originally posted by btb&dr=tone

I have started building a PA. What I want to know is there anyway to save money on power amps. I have one now but is in my bass rig. It is a QSC PLX 2402. I would like to have 2 more of those but not enough money. What other options do I have on power amps? I need two one needs to have around 2000w the other can be around a 1000w. I would also like to run a 4 ohm load and not a 2 ohm load.

A little more info sure would help. Are you in the US? I have three PLX3002's. The first one I bought right after they came out for $910. Then I bought two of them from a wannabe sound person for $425 each with only about 50-75 hours on them. Keep your eyes open. When bands break up,the people that have money tied up in the PA gear are sometimes strapped for cash and need to dump the stuff. Otherwise,it looks like you want one amp with 1000 watts/channel @4 ohms and one amp with 500 watts/channel @4 ohms? The QSC RMX line is a great value. Crown has a new line that looks pretty decent. And then there is Peavey,Crest,and others. Also,someone here(sillee spider maybe)bought one of Audiopile's lightweight E&W amps from ebay for around 400 new. And it was right at 1000 watts/channel,I believe. That's a lot of lightweight amp for not much money. You might want to check with him on a pair of amps in the power range you are looking at. BTW,you you describe your planned setup,what the amps will be used for,etc? Do you have ability to buy from ebay?

• Members

I am in the US.

Yes I do want a 1000w per channel out of one amp and 500w out of the other both at 4 ohms.

I have a mixer it is a Berhinger. I want to take the two power amps and run one on my fronts(which I don't yet either), and the other on my monitors(another item that I need to get). Like I said I just started this so any help will do.

I do have the ablity to buy on eBay.

• Members
Originally posted by btb&dr=tone

I am in the US.

Yes I do want a 1000w per channel out of one amp and 500w out of the other both at 4 ohms.

I have a mixer it is a Berhinger. I want to take the two power amps and run one on my fronts(which I don't yet either), and the other on my monitors(another item that I need to get). Like I said I just started this so any help will do.

I do have the ablity to buy on eBay.

Subs and mid/high cabs,or just full range?

Archived