The QW 218 Sub

• Members

Two of these were delivered yesterday. These are seriously good subs. I have tons of experience with JBL 4719s and I really think these new QW can hang with them. For those who think Peavey is junk, these will change your mind. The subs suggested retail price is $1350 with a universal M.A.P. of $999 each. The boxes are rated at 3600 watts program which some folks may dispute, but they seemed to more than hold their own in the Prosoundweb sub shootout.

I unpacked these with the help of my 14 y/o son and set them up underneath a JBL 4733. First impression is that these are killer cosmetics... For those who just can't bear it, the Peavey logo is easily removable with a phillips.

The subs were each powered by a QSC RMX 2450 running bridged mono. After dialing in using a DBX DR 260, we started adding some juice to these. These produce a very well defined low end with a very clear sound. Running the system up to near pain levels revealed a formidable low end.

I was running this system in biamp mode last night. I got some more speakons delivered from Mark at Audiopile today. Tonite we go to triamp land!

I am very happy with their perfomance so far....

• Members

Soundman... I didn't get any email from you.

I got a great deal on these subs. I tried to order thru my local guy where my band has spent a ton of money but he refused to budge off of MAP and in fact stated in an email that "Peavey does not allow them to sell at below MAP prices). I went with Soundproduction in Dallas who gave me a killer deal on not only these, but a Yamaha FOH board, and QSC power amps. My salesguy there is Jon, who was super. These guys generally deal with large touring setups and such, but they have given our church really good service.

One thing I should clarify. I live in the middle of nowhere. Dallas is 120 miles away. Houston is 120 miles away. Local dealer is a relative term in Texas.:D

Archived