Standard Drum Riser size?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, we didn't build it with the idea of people jumping off the riser, but it feels sturdy enough.

The plywood is 1/2 inch thick. Yes we used bolts to piece both sides together. The pics are in this post:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=34943107&postcount=34

Here's a pic of the riser in action.

fotosde15anos476.jpg

BigMac5, now I've gotta ask...the shooting sparks! Thats great. Where did you find those? Thanks for the info and pics. I've got my wood and the frame and putting it together today.

• Members
BigMac5, now I've gotta ask...the shooting sparks! Thats great. Where did you find those? Thanks for the info and pics. I've got my wood and the frame and putting it together today.

The Circus guys hooked it up. We've been meaning to get hold of them to find out.

• CMS Author

I dunno Craig, after some of the homemade risers I've had to crawl over I'd happily pay $599 for one that won't move on me when I'm straddling the floor tom trying to reach the stage box behind it.

Edit: Responding to a 2004 post.

LOL, that's okay, it happens a lot.

My point was that a couple of sheets of plywood sitting on plastic buckets isn't worth six hundred bucks. You're paying for liability coverage for the manufacturer, not better quality for you.

• Members

BigMac5, now I've gotta ask...the shooting sparks!

And I've got to ask ... do you have a red card? a permit? are you an expert? Does Great White ring a bell?

You could easily kill a few hundred innocent people. Get a mirror ball for god's sakes. This is serious {censored}!!!!

• Members
And I've got to ask ... do you have a red card? a permit? are you an expert? Does Great White ring a bell?

You could easily kill a few hundred innocent people. Get a mirror ball for god's sakes. This is serious {censored}!!!!

No, like I said we weren't responsible or in charge of that. They were hired by the event organizers and I do not know if they have all the things you asked about.

• Members

LOL, that's okay, it happens a lot.

My point was that a couple of sheets of plywood sitting on plastic buckets isn't worth six hundred bucks. You're paying for liability coverage for the manufacturer, not better quality for you.

I'd rather see this stuff:

http://www.penn-elcom.com/Default.asp?MC=1701000&GC=884

Shop I work for uses their stuff for trussing and staging, works great.

Archived