why doesnt my daisychain of fx proc into the aux work?

• Members

I tried daischaining 4 fx procs together into one aux send. This is for sending an effected vocal mix to the main PA, but use the aux 1 (which is prefader) to send an uneffected vocals to the monitors to avoid feedback. Im guessing my setup is like daisychaining fx procs in a guitar setup.

These are the processors Im using:

Alesis Bitrman

Alesis Philtre

Behringer Virtualizer 1024Pro

Behringer Virtualizer 2024Pro.

This is the way I connected everything -

Aux Send->Input Bitrman->Output Philtre->Input 1024Pro->output 1024Pro->input 2024Pro->output 2024->Aux Return. (The two alesis units are connected by a link...so I can go directly from the output of the Philtre into the 1024Pro).

With all four plugged in, in that fashion, and I raise the aux knobs, nothing gets effected...I just get clean vocals. But, if I just plug in the two Alesis units, I can hear the effects on my vocals.

I just read in the manual of both the Behringer units that I can set the procs to internal mix or external mix (Im guessing higher end fx procs also have something like this). Would that be the answer to my problems? Would I have to set both Behringer units to internal mix (so I can freely adjust the mix of the effects) since I have all the procs daisychained into one aux input?

Thanks.

• Members

The effects loop I have works when I remove the two Behringer unites from the chain (and the Behringer units work fine by themselves). Unforunately, I didn't have enough time to test the daisychain setup more thoroughly (looks like I'll have to do it during soundcheck tonite at my school's show).

And, I wanted to "mix" the effects level directly through the aux knobs...but I might have to do some things differently like changing the mix mode on the two Behr units to internal mix so I can mix the effects directly through the units.

• Members

So the units work by themselves. When you plug in all four are you actually passing signal through the units ... are you certain? (try plugging the output from the last efx into a power amp and see). Maybe you have some funny hookup issues. How about all four units with the order in the chain changed?

Archived