Sound Proofing

• Members

I recently had my basement finished and it includes a studio with a drum set. The contractor found sound proofing insulation that looks just like typical insulation. He had to go to several places to find it, but it works great. You can still hear the drums, but the sound is reduced to a reasonable level. Trust me, my wife is OK with it and that is saying a lot. I put it in all of the walls and in the joists, above a drop ceiling.

It could be used in conjunction with the other ideas you have seen.

I have asked him for the name of the product and will post it when he gets back to me. He found it in a lumber yard in Illinois.

Rich

• CMS Author

Originally posted by Richard Prokup

I recently had my basement finished and it includes a studio with a drum set. The contractor found sound proofing insulation that looks just like typical insulation. He had to go to several places to find it, but it works great. You can still hear the drums, but the sound is reduced to a reasonable level. Trust me, my wife is OK with it and that is saying a lot. I put it in all of the walls and in the joists, above a drop ceiling.

It could be used in conjunction with the other ideas you have seen.

I have asked him for the name of the product and will post it when he gets back to me. He found it in a lumber yard in Illinois.

Rich

All of the major insulation manufacturers make it. You just have to special order it if you frequent HD etc.

Archived