Yamaha S115IV PA Cabs

• Members

I have a pair of these cabs in my practice room perfect condition. Nice sound for vocals. Does anyone know exactly what drivers are used in these cabinets? I'm considering selling them, or perhaps changing the components (experimenting). Has anyone ever done this and what did they use?

• Members
Originally posted by MrHotMark

I have a pair of these cabs in my practice room perfect condition. Nice sound for vocals. Does anyone know exactly what drivers are used in these cabinets? I'm considering selling them, or perhaps changing the components (experimenting). Has anyone ever done this and what did they use?

Its a cast frame Eminence,probably made to Yam's specs and I believe the high drivers are still Eminence too. The woofer is really pretty ordinary for being a cast frame Eminence. As for your idea,I'd sell them. The components are already better than the box,IMO. Upgrading drivers in a so-so box seems like a backwards thing to do.

• Members

The 15" is a cast frame Eminence that is done to Yamahas specs its the basket from one series with the cone of another series, though I don't remember which ones. They use a Yamaha badged Eminence PSD 2002-16 compression driver. I have 6 of the monitor versions for a couple of years, and I have had to replace one 15" and four Compression drivers in that time. The horns seem to be a convienient place for people tp spill their drinks into :mad:

Archived