Selenium D3300TI or JBL 2425H

• Members

Originally posted by MrHotMark

Was hoping to see if anyone ever used/compared these drivers.

"I've got a "few" around"..... is that an offer to sell?

Not really... but... if you are interested in the horns too, I might be willing!

They are installed on a some Mark Wayne (Harbinger) 60 x 40 (I think) fiberglass horns w' touring skids. It's a small but longish throw horn, or suitable for side fills or wedges if you want to keep the stage scatter down.

I also have a new pair of P-Audio 2425 copies as well.

Guest Anonymous

The Zomax 2425 is also very good. I perfer the Zomax version over the JBL, and the price is right for the Zomax, although the Zomax products take a bit of tanacity to source.

www.prozomax.com

BTW: The Zomax 7299 is one of the great well kept secrets out there for compression drivers. 200w program, 110dB efficency, and smooth from 500Hz to 18KHz... and probably less $$ than a factory replacement diaphragm for a JBL 2416H.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Glyder

I dont see those model numbers listed. Maybe they're discontinued.

To my knowledge, both listed models are available. As I stated, the Zomax products take some tenacity to source. To my knowledge, the Zomax website has been stagnate for about 2 or 3 years.

• Members

dan magers, where can we find info for the xtelth 2000 you say??

I remember one time I call Mr. Zong from prozomax, but it was hard to speak with him as he doesnt speak english very well (neither do I )

He been oriental and I mexican, I only get 2 woofer prices

Cheers

• Members

Compression Driver / XEALTH-2000-8 (8 or 16 ohm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 3in edgewound aluminum voice Coil with Titanium Diaphragm * Copper shorting ring gives this driver an extremely flat, smooth linear response * Push botton Gold Binding posts * Horn Mounting Hardware and wrench included * One of our most popular 2in. Compression Drivers. Specifications: Throat Diameter-2in./ Impedance-8ohm/ Power-100W/Rms/ Frequency Response-500-18kHz/ Recommended Xover-800Hz-up/ Spl-108dB/ Voice Coil- 3in Edgewound aluminum/ Former material- Resin Bonded Nomex/ Dome material- Titanium/ Magnet Material- Stronium ferrite/ Dimensions: diameter-7in., Depth-2.75in,Weight-9.5lbs Replacement Diaphragms available

We have never had a failure. I had a binding post come loose on one once. It was on a test unit and had been connected/disconnected many times. Picked it up and noticed the post missing. Not sure what (who) did it.

I've used them on a 2380 90degree flare and a 60 for longer throw.

• Members

Steve, that could be it although, the rear looks a bit different.

2.84" VC for the BM-D750, X-tealth claims 3" for the 2000. I'll take one apart and see if its actually 3".

X-tealth had a .com at one time. No longer. Availability has never been a problem though.

I have used the 2000 for two years now at an outdoor venue and all types of music.

It has always satisified the critical singer/songwriter acoustic type being clean and very accurate and will play plenty loud when pushed.

I have used JBL, Eminence and Selenium HF drivers. They all have certian qualities but for the money nothing comes close to what I have heard from the 2000.

• Members

OK I found what looks to be a good deal on a pair of Radian 835PB drivers. They have a 1.4" throat. Is it possible to mount this on a 2" throat horn or is an adaptor required? Any suggestions for horns? Thanx all!

• Members

OK I found what looks to be a good deal on a pair of Radian 835PB drivers. They have a 1.4" throat. Is it possible to mount this on a 2" throat horn or is an adaptor required? Any suggestions for horns? Thanx all!

Adapter required, and the adapter may change the sound-response of the unit.

Generally, adapters are to be avoided.

• Members

AgedHorse you seem to be "the MAN" here for pro sound stuff. Can you recommend a good high end 1.4" horn? I cannot seem to locate who sells the radian horns, my choice thus far seems to be a B&C ME90. 80 deg x 60. Cast aluminum, and the specs look good to me. I would be crossing it over at about 1.2KHz with an active 24db/oct.

Also would a 1.5" throat work?

• Members

There's not a lot of options in 1.4", though 1.5" would be close enough IMO (only a 0.050" transition error)

You might try Beyma, DDA, JBL etc, though the respective companies may not sell their horns (retail) seperate in that throat size even though they have them available as a contractor or OEM item.

If you were to use an adapter to a 2" horn, there should be a flair rate similar to the throat on the horn you intend to use to minimize any error you may get.

• Members

......Can you recommend a good high end 1.4" horn? I cannot seem to locate who sells the radian horns, my choice thus far seems to be a B&C ME90. 80 deg x 60. Cast aluminum, and the specs look good to me.

The B&C is a nice aluminum horn.

Tracy Sherwood / DDS makes very good fiberglass horns. He has many 1.4 and 1.5 inchers.

http://www.ddshorns.com/content.php?page=home

• Members

Well I went with the B&C ME90 80x60 horns. Quite a good match for the Radian 835. Now my front of house setup is an Eminence Kappa 15LF in a 4 cu ft box driven by a RMX2450 with the B&C horn on top driven by an RMX 850 using a behringer 2310 crossover set to 1500 Hz. Works great, gets enough volume for any club. Quite a downsized system but it all fits into my ford taurus and I am happy now. Thanx all for the advice!

Archived