what's the deal with alto

• Members

I keep hearing other musos go on about this equipment - saying it's like an italian version of peavey.

Guitarist in my band has a pair of powered 15 cabs but I haven't heard them at gig volumes yet.

Anyone have opinons?

• Members

I thik a better description is an Italian version of Behringer.

It's a joint venture type thing between an Italian and Chinese company. They have some pretty decent stuff from what I've seen (limited) but I have no reliability data as they are not too common here in the states.

• Members

Thers a music store down in Orlando,right off of I-4, thats full of there stuff. I picked up a 8 channel compressor/gate for drums on sale for $200....sort of looks like the Presonus one. It seems to be of a little better quality than the Beheringer gates I was using. They had all kinds of processors and power amps by Alto when I was there. I've had it about 5 months and its still working fine. I did'nt see any kind of cabs.

• Members

For what it's worth, in the USA Yorkville is the exclusive distributor of Alto. (A.R.T. & Apex Electronics as well).

Also, although I've never seen or heard that 8 channel compressor, I almost bought one a while back. Cheapest I ever found was around $350 so, if it sounds OK and lasts you a while that's pretty good find.

• Members

Originally posted by abzurd

For what it's worth, in the USA
is the exclusive distributor of Alto. (A.R.T. & Apex Electronics as well).

Also, although I've never seen or heard that 8 channel compressor, I almost bought one a while back. Cheapest I ever found was around $350 so, if it sounds OK and lasts you a while that's pretty good find.

Yorkvilee sent me a bunch of peices for review, the mixers are OK and very inexpensive (same as behringer, yamaha,) I put the dynamics in an install and i've been very pleased,

my favorite is the 8 channel comp/gate i put in my C-rig - it's a really good deal for what it is and it sounds as good as a ACP88 without the clicking thing! and for 1/2 the dough!

Dan

Archived