New Powered Behringers = Opera?

• Members

We have gone over and over this through the years, enough that the regulars here have accepted what's actually happened and what's BS. If you want to come in as a relatively new person to the discussion and disagree that's fine, but the burden's on your shoulders to disprove. If you've got info that disputes what I've seen, I'm happy to read it.

This again is false reasoning. It is known as Shifting the burden of proof. The burden of proof is always on the person asserting something. Shifting the burden of proof, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion. The fallacy occurs when it's argued that something must be true, simply because it hasn't been proved false. Beyond the Aphex and Mackie cases, one which Behringer lost and one which they won there doesn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do have a question regarding patents in this instance though ( the original part of it). I was under the impression that since it is not a process or an invention and this is more regarding how the product looks, it is not something that you can patent. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the impressiuon that it is a copyright thing but am far from being certain.

I own a few of their pieces and would prefer not to but like was said earlier, I have 5 kids a dog, ex wife,, girlfreind, and a mortgage. I am lucky to be able to eat.:lol: I think most people would prefer to own the real thing but you buys what you can affords.;)

• Moderators
Your allegations may be true but you have yet to show them to be so.

When a company gets sued and loses, that's not an allegation. When a company gets sued and settles out of court that's not an allegation. You would do better not to attempt to school others on what good reasoning skills are.;)

• Members

I recently talked with a friend who asked the product manager of a big name company about a piece of gear that was needed in the industry, but did not currently exist. The product manager's reply was "they were aware of the need for the product, but would cost a lot of R&D dollars and then a company like B******** would come in and copy it, use cheap components, and sell it for less money"

The company chose not to develop a new needed product because of companies like B********. I personally will not buy their product because of their practices (legal or not).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not going to lie, those look close enough that it makes me believe one is just a re-badged version of the other (which is completely legit). A company i've worked for does this for various reasons. It is very legal and there is no infringement going on... if that's in fact what is going on here.

Dudes, Alesis and Ion are the same company so nobody is ripping anyone off. Ion is Alesis's consumer brand. Do the research before posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived