Electrical Background & Sound....?

• Members
I am a certified electrition, went to trade school and am employed as a 3rd year apprentice.

The club could hold 1,000 people

....a 10,000k sound system

lets see, 10 million watts, 1000 people that's 10,000 watts/person. A bit overkill I think.....

So where did you get that certificate anyway?

:D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

woops put the K in the worng place, 10,000 watts per person :eek: I ment a 10,000 watt PA. and none of those specs were included in the orignal plans. We had not an Idea what was being put in there and the magnitude of the system. And I graduated for Broome Tioga BOces at the top of my class and am in my third year of apprenticeship.

• CMS Author
Originally posted by DDAY

I have been blamed for stuff I was never even a part of! for instance I installed a single phase 240/110volt system in a local club 200 amp which is what the owner wanted and had in the contract. The club could hold 1,000 people so it was a big place. Every thing was great until the added an extreme amount of pa gear and lights. On top of the kitchen and the bar and the general lighting the service had to support a 10,000k sound system, 100 par 56 300 watt cans, 25 strobes, and lots more specitally lights and all the parking lot lights. Needless to say first opening night power went down, popped main breaker. None of all the extra stuuf was made known to the company I work for we were not told of all the lights which were strung together with orange extention chords by the way and they only requested 4 dual recepticals for the sound system. among other things.

How did such a small service get past the AHJ? Assuming at least 10-15K sq ft building with a kitchen, they'd require a LOT more capacity. Was HVAC on this too????:eek:

...someone's palm was thoroughly greased.........

Archived