setting up a reverb

• Members

Hello all.

I have a Studiomaster Trilogy 166 desk and an Alesis Microverb. Tell me this. How do I set up the sends/returns so I can have reverb on every channel? If I loop the reverb through the aux returns, I get a signal that increases hugely in volume when I turn up the appropriate aux control. All I want is to be able to dial in as much or as little reverb as I need without changing the volume of the signal.

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by blackpig

Hello all.

I have a Studiomaster Trilogy 166 desk and an Alesis Microverb. Tell me this. How do I set up the sends/returns so I can have reverb on every channel? If I loop the reverb through the aux returns, I get a signal that increases hugely in volume when I turn up the appropriate aux control. All I want is to be able to dial in as much or as little reverb as I need without changing the volume of the signal.

:confused:

Aux-1 (or whatever aux you choose preferably post fader) out

FX - In

FX out

open channel on board input (do not use the aux on this channel that is what causes the ungodly feedback loop you are hearing)

this channel will become your FX return and will control the over all FX volume

any channel you want FX on simply turn up Aux-1 (or whatever aux you chose) and whala -

good luck

• Members

Post fader aux to the reverb input, reverb outputs to channel line inputs or to the stereo returns.

Turn up the aux sent to send individual channels to the reverb, being careful not to overload the reverb unit inputs. Set the gain properly on the return channels, and open the fader to the desired level to hear the reverb.

Archived