USPS really messes up!

• Members

I bought an mp412 on ebay which I could tell was in great condition. I received it yesterday and the box was torn to shreds, the driver was ripped from the horn and I know the shipper did not sen it that way. I have proof. I want to know what action to take with USPS. It was insured I believe so that should help right? Aside from that they took 10 days to get it from AZ to TX. We're practically right next to one another. I'vve received stuff from MArk faster than I did from him. I know USPS messed up and I want to know what I can do to get the problem fixed? Anybody's that been in the same boat what did you do? Thanks

• Members

Facts USPS the handler's don't give a {censored} about the package the load. Most of the shipping clerks are as dumb as they come, I know I used to work there when I was a kid we just threw the {censored} out of the trucks as fast as we could because I got paid by how many trailers I unloaded. So carefully handling the package went out the door for most of us,we were about speed I don't know if they still pay by the load or not but that's the way I got paid through the USPS.BTW, our shipping clerk was a total dumbass alot of times we had to re-arrange the loads because of his dumbass he would send TX package to TN. what a moron I getting pissed again, he is the reson I quit always screwing up a load. Anyway next time try to have the seller us another freight company you might have to pay for the extra but at least your package show up in one peice.:mad:

• Members

The single most important thing to do first is SAVE ALL PACKING MATERIALS. UPS will want to inspect them.

Second, call the shipper, he will have to file the claim for insurance.

What will happen:

Ups will come and pick up the package and ship it back to the original shipper. If they determine there is a valid claim, they will mail a check to the shipper.

You will have to arrange the refund from the shipper.

• Members

Andy, you wouldn't happen to know where i could find the plastic piece that fits between the diaphram and the horn ojn the mp412 wedges ould you? You don't have any lying around the shop I could buy? Also, the 5 pin lemo connector on my psm600 iem's is missing all the pins. Some moron tried to stuff the connector onto the bodypack without aligning them and I was wondering if you had any or could get me a quote. The last quote I got was like $50 for that connector. Pretty steep IMO.

• Members

yeah they do. It's just a round plastic piece that fits between the diaphram and the horn with screw holes and threads on the other side for the diphram to screw into. I received the second wedge today and the same problem. It was not packaged properly and this is the result. Thanks though. Apreciate the help.

• Members

That's what I was looking for but I was in such a rush to get out and maybe thats why I didn't find it. Currently I'm looking at their misc. parts list and I know I'll find it there. I have the part # I just need to make sure it's the right one. It's (885-00059-00) Thanks

Any chance you could give me a small discount on the price of that part Andy? I haven't found what it cost's but it can't be more than $20/ea. I'm still looking at the moment but when I find the MSRP I'll post it and let me know. I don't get a discount at work because I'm not full time even though we deal JBL.

• Members

I just found it. It's on page 82 of 91 on the miscelaneous parts list pdf and the line reads...

885-00059-00 THDD, ADPTR, MP SERIES $6.42 USD EA.

That's retail price. Can you order them for me Andy? I'm glad they're not expensive at all. Also, very small parts of the magnets have been chipped. I mean very small fragments and I was also wondering if this is bad or if it wont really affect the performance.

Archived