most painless way to live vocal fx

• Members

i am looking for a simple way to control my reverb and delay live for vocals, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing. i tried a digitech vx400 floor vocal processor, but the feedback was horrendous. the t.c. electronic voicelive is too expensive for simple delay and reverb. guitar pedals could be an answer, but messing with xlr to 1/4" adapters, power adapters, and tap dancing/knob twisting to get the effects i want doesnt seem too great either. plus hum and volume consistency seem to be a problem with guitar pedals. i could go with a rackmount processor and midi controller but that means i would have to lug around a rack all the time, deal with xlr to 1/4" adapters again (or wiring it into the house p.a.), plus its not too streamlined. all i want is a simple way to control some light delay and reverb from the floor that is convenient , flexible, quick to set up, gives me consistent volumes whether bypassed or effected, and doesnt cause feedback problems. am i dreaming? thanks for the responses.

• Members

I sing lead & play guitar. I use a rack mount TC Electronics m300 (M-One's little brother) at the PA, and control it via midi with my GT-6 guitar effects processor. When I change patches on my guitar, it changes on my m300. Basic effect processor, inexpensive, but still sounds pretty good. I have different patches, mainly varying reverb levels and vocal echo effects.

Archived