Need FOH speakers for my Mackie 808M

• Members

Hi folks...I'm usually lurking on the bass forum but today I need help here...I just bought a used Mackie 808M mixer amp and now I need recommendatons for some decent FOH speakers to go with it. I'm in a blues/rock band and we'll be needing a pa for small-medium venues.

I'm looking at Mackie C-300z's or Yamaha Club 12's or 15's but I haven't auditioned any yet. I'm open to suggestions from the forum. Price is an object but I want some good sounding high output stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by ZenMoto

Hi folks...I'm usually lurking on the bass forum but today I need help here...I just bought a used Mackie 808M mixer amp and now I need recommendatons for some decent FOH speakers to go with it. I'm in a blues/rock band and we'll be needing a pa for small-medium venues.

I'm looking at Mackie C-300z's or Yamaha Club 12's or 15's but I haven't auditioned any yet. I'm open to suggestions from the forum. Price is an object but I want some good sounding high output stuff.

PSSL is still practically giving away their few remaining C-V PSX123's. Decent components and an actual wood box, unlike the Yams. Nice smooth sound.

• Members

Those do seem to be priced right...Wow...I have no real experience with CV...To be honest the brand has always seemed easily avoidable...I've had good luck with Yamaha and Peavey PA speakers in the past so I guess that is my comfort zone...Would you like the CV's as much if they were the same price as the Mackies or Yamahas ?

• Members

Those do seem to be priced right...Wow...I have no real experience with CV...To be honest the brand has always seemed easily avoidable...I've had good luck with Yamaha and Peavey PA speakers in the past so I guess that is my comfort zone...Would you like the CV's as much if they were the same price as the Mackies or Yamahas ?

Other stores are selling the CV's for $300.00 plus....PSSL for $179.00.

If for some reason I decide to go with a powered mixer[A&H PA CP12], I will grab a pair, but My first choice rigth now is the MixWiz with the Samson DB500a's.

;)

• Members

I'd definitely take the C-V's over the Yams at the same price.

Archived