What to add next to PA?

• Members

Each of these posts gets negative comments about them. Why do people like them? I think they sound terrible.

Because, they are typically perceived as a short-cut... you-know... a $100 solution (that isn't quite understood, but it has knobs and doesn't weigh much of anything) comparied to a 5 figure+ (or unfixable at any price) problem that involves real talent and work... geeze... it's a no brainer... let's try another $100 magic black box... and push some buttons to see if the problems get solve.

It's like why diets that involve eating food sell. "Here, eat this junk food in-place of a healthy lifestyle and whole food, and you can be a superstar too"... act now and receive the bonus video at half the regular price!

• Members

I have a old peavey standard guitar amp that needs to be repaired and I am thinking about using it to power my floor monitors. My PA has a extra monitor output so that you dont have to take power from the mains for monitors. Has anyone done that with a guitar amp before? If so did it work okay?

• Members

I have a old peavey standard guitar amp that needs to be repaired and I am thinking about using it to power my floor monitors. My PA has a extra monitor output so that you dont have to take power from the mains for monitors. Has anyone done that with a guitar amp before? If so did it work okay?

I did that about 25 tears ago with an old tube amp head I had lying around.Oddly enough it worked just fine.

• Members

Cordless headset? My wife uses one, shes all over the stage. She has the EV unit with the condenser mic, sounds great, crystal clear.

We thought about a headworn mic, but the band decided against this. It's a rock image thing, they don't want to look like the "BackStreet Boys".:blah:

• Members

I think it was mentioned that a different mic could help (a little). Different mic placement might help a little as well. If you throw in a compressor and crank up the gain, you're going to increase the risk of feedback. It's possible you still won't be able to get enough gain, and you might not like the sound. Maybe all 3 of these together might work, but for any semi-pro situation you really need to be on the mic. If a stationary one doesn't work, then you have to go with some kind of a headset. If you don't like the looks of a regular headset, go with a Countryman, the kind they use for theater productions. Can be nearly invisible. Won't be cheap though.

• Members

First, get some decent mics. If the stage volume is low enough, and your PA levels are low enough, the AE5400, VX10, and KMS105 would be prime choices. If you want something safer, my favorite is the OM7, and the M88 is decent. The Beta 87 isn't bad, and the Heil PR20 has been getting good press.

Next, get a better mixer - Allen & Heath MixWiz would be my choice.

I like your idea, we are going to upgrade our mics first. The mixer will be next, but I want a mixer with 24-32 channels. Maybe a Allen & Heath GL2400. I will also be adding another pair of Yorkvilles LS800P.:thu:

• Members

One problem I been having with the lead singer is that when he plays bass and sings he constantly keeps looking at his bass and moves his mouth away from the mic. Every time he does that he can't be heard. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

maybe he just needs to lower his mic stand.

• Members

Our TC Elect M300 rack processor was a cool add on.

I second what was said about power cables. Last week saw a group and their lighting cables across the floor and up the stands were orange :freak: It just looked un-pro

I 'd also go with a good conditioner. Furman has some good ones but dont just get one that has a rack light and plugs. Get the POWER FACTOR PRO

Archived