NX25P vs. NX35

• Members

Current monitor system is a PV2600 powering a pair of SP115MX's, other 2 monitors are Carvin PM15A's (active). Changing monitors is strictly a weight reduction exercise as the PV's weigh 76lbs each.

Picked up a used NX25P and it really sounds very nice. Haven't tried it with the drummer yet.

Was wondering if replace the PV's with NX35's would be a better option than NX25P's. Would the 35's sound as good or is that nice sound due to the biamp of the 25's.

Will most likely leave the PV2600 in the rack for FOH backup purposes.

• Members

Properly powered, the NX35 will produce higher SPLs and go slightly deeper than the NX25P. (more efficient components) The NX35 has a neodymium woofer while NX25P uses a standard, lower powered ceramic magnet woofer. That said, the NX25P does sound very good, has a built-in 3 band EQ and may be perfectly adequate for your application... Al

• Members

I have a pair of nx350 (the predecessor to the nx35) and they are very solid monitors - very lightweight and a quite pleasing tone to my ears. We've beaten the crap out of them for three years now and they still sound great.

We now use nx55p's for mains, but the nx350's used to be our mains.

But I digress. If I already had power, I would get the nx35's

• Members

Ive got 4 NX35s that I have used a couple of times now. i went with them over the 25P because of the power handling and the better low end, and I already had an amp rack. They have not dissappointed - the musicians and my back are equally happy.

Archived