Please Help. Behringer PMP5000 powered mixer

• Members

Oh yeah, the other thing I learned about the Behringer. To get full power from the amps, you have to run the mixer up to clipping. Well, actually the mixer clips before the amplifier. So yes, it would seem like you are running the mixer at maximum gain.

SoundMan

Yeah Jim, I have seen a few products with really goofy gain structure out there like that. Makes you wonder if they originally had a noise problem and thought that a senistivity problem might make a good "featrure".;)

• Members

Yes each channel has a pad but I don't use it because it even cuts the sound down even more. Feedback has not been a problem even running at max levels on trim, and masters. At about 95 percent on trim do I start getting feedback.

And this is all bunched up in a small room, so this seems very good. However if I can't get the volumn up I still have the problem playing a medium size venue and outside would be almost impossible.

I had the Behringer 880S Box powered mixer before and Behringher tells me they both have the same amp in them however, on the 880S I never had this problem with sound using the same speakers.

If I am using all my controls right on the 5000 board then my deduction is that my board has problems and I need to exchange it.

Would that be everyone's conclusion?

fisherman

• Members

If the 880 Berhinger powered box mixer and the Behringer PMH powered board mixer has the same amp in them and I used the same speakers on both, then why would the 880 out perform the 5000 by over 40 percent.

I agree that better speakers would make my 5000 louder but that does not explain why it is not equal to the 880 which was plenty loud using the same speakers.??

How did I get all that out at once? I believe I talked myself in a circle!LOL

thanks everyone,

fisherman

• Members

FWIW, our band uses a PMH2000 We run 105 db in the front row (only sabout 20 feet away) with 100 db in the center row in a building that comfortably seats 450 with the master volume at 1/4 and the individual channels at about 1/2-3/4. The speakers are of unknown sensitivity as our band leader bought them years ago, but with one behringer b215 alone we totally filled the warehouse clearance center in kansas city with this amp. With it bridged, the overhead was phenomenal and we could barely crack the master volume without blowing the place out. The speaker sat right on the floor and was surrounded by other equipment. Your mixer should have more power than that, especially if you have experience with the other unit working better...AB comparison wise.

God bless!

-Ron

Archived