Looking For a Pair of EV S-200 Speakers

• Moderators

The higher-end, 300W model of the small, molded cabs.

s200.JPG

I've got one pair we're using for wedges, and would like to add another. AFAIK, there's nothing out there that packs the same size/performance wallop. We used them last week w/a friend's bigger PA - Crest X20 into a QSC PL3002, w/no EQ on them and I swear, they were so loud and clear I couldn't stand in their firing line for too long.

They show up occasionally on E-Bay, but not really that often. I know they were ubiquitous at AV-rental/staging houses and was wondering if any of you folks might be able to point me to a pair.

Thanks in advance,

MG

• Members

The S200 and SX200 are different animals. The older S200 has a 100/200/400 watt rating and a crappy little pole that screws onto the back to act as a leg in monitor position. The SX200 is the older version of the SX300 which is a great little speaker. There were some good upgrades between the SX300 and SX200 and the SX100 is also a nice cost effective version of the 300.

• Moderators

The S200 and SX200 are different animals. The older S200 has a 100/200/400 watt rating and a crappy little pole that screws onto the back to act as a leg in monitor position. The SX200 is the older version of the SX300 which is a great little speaker. There were some good upgrades between the SX300 and SX200 and the SX100 is also a nice cost effective version of the 300.

I know the difference - the SX200 is nice, but also almost twice the size. I'm really looking for the S200's, as we're trying to get some consistency in our monitoring environment and also size is a real issue.

I've had a pair of the S200's for at least 15 years, and have used them as mains and monitors for hundreds of gigs. Always sounded great, never had a problem.

Thanks,

MG

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Interesting thread I own & Love 2 sx300 s .I regularly use 2 S200's IMHO the

S200's are much heavier ackward to carry & don't thow as far. They lack the crisp ( brite) 60degree horn of the SX. They are just OK

Archived