Recommend a power amp for $400.

• Members

I need a power amp for $400 to power 2 Yamaha s112V mains mainly for vocals for a practice space for a loudish alt rock band (might eventually be used for small (

Musicians Friend has all these at the $400 price point.

Yamaha P2500S

Crown XLS402D

Mackie FR 1400

Any of these stand out to you? Any recommendations? What else is out there that will fit my requirements?

Thanks!

• Members

I second a QSC RMX 1450. I have two driving my monitor rig and I love them. They are crystal clear, never get hot, and have a six year warranty. Not only that, but they maintain their resale value really well... they are new for $429, and it isnt unusual to see one on ebay for $350.

-John

• Members

Folks,

Thanks very much for the advice. No matter how many times I see it I'm always impressed and touched by the willingness of folks to share great advice here.

I will follow your advice and go for the QSC.

I'll probably be back for more as this project goes on... !

Thanks,

Jacked

• Members

i have several PLX2's and love them, they run an srx system. i also run plx and rmx on a routine basis, i like these amps.

however i also have a yamaha club 4 setup and i use a crown XS900 amp with that. the way i run that setup is i either use each side of the amp into one club 4 (600watts each) or i run one side of the amp into two club 4's (450watts each about) and the other side of the amp into two BW18's (same power) this works well.

the xs900 may or may not be too much amp for your clubs depending on how you run them. perhaps a safer amp may be an xs700 or xs500.

i have no experience with the XLS crown amps so i cannot comment.

btw, the XS series are dirt cheap right now as they were discontinued.

Archived