1 circuit gig

• Members

We played a corporate party at a water park (and made the necessary Spinal Tap references) that forced us to run the entire band off of 1 plug. Never had a problem, here is a break down of the equipment.

PA:

Mixwiz3

Rane 31 band eq

PV Feedback Ferett 2

2 Sennheiser IEM transmitters

DBX 233XL X-over

Crown XTI4K (bridged) - 2 SRX718S

QSC PLX2402 (bridged) - 2 SRX715

Yorkie NX25P (drummer monitors)

Guitars: Bass POD XT, POD XT Pro

Lights: 2x ADJ LED65 Pro

• CMS Author

I'm not surprised. PLX and XTi amps are pretty stingy on power. I regularly run a pair of RMX 2450's and a PLX3402, along with the usual mixer and processing loads on one 15 or 20a circuit. This is for rehearsal levels typically, but I have run it balls-to-the-wall a few times this way. I'd be willing to bet if I was running compressed recorded media it would be a different story.

• Members

whew..it's cool that you pulled it off. Congrats. We call those "christmas vacation" gigs in honor of Clark Griswald's zillion Xmas lights into one plug..envisioning power strips/adaptors stacked upon each other :D.

• Members

Didn't measure the SPL's but the XTI funs at 3oclock and the PLX runs about 2oclock on the attenuators. We didn't push the mains on the MixWiz to 0 as there were a lot of little children and once they started putting their fingers in the ears we pulled the volume back a touch.

The funny thing is my bass player/lead singer complains about the IEM's during the show (isolation, blah blah blah) but during load-in/out he loves them.

Archived