Bigger isn't better for me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Which started when I questioned the statement "remember it's just an opener".

My perspective was given from an opener, audience, as well as production side of things.

Maybe my point hasn't been clear.I realize that if the openers "show" doesn't fit into the context of the show as a whole from a promotion/production side of things then obviously something has to give & you do what you have to do.

If the ability & resources are available, which was established in the orig. post that it wasn't really the issue & it fits into the context of the show why not do what you can............opener or not?

You're misunderstanding something. I never said anything at all about doing what you can, or otherwise handling the show. I was not responding at all to the OP's issue. There was a side discussion regarding the comment, "remember it's just an opener". I was commenting in that side discussion.

As far as the show, handling an opener is the same as any other show...work within the limitations presented, do the best job possible. The fact that openers typically have much greater limitations imposed than that of the feature act means the opener's show will usually not turn out quite as impressive. It'll probably still be better than the average bar show.

• Members

You're misunderstanding something. I never said anything at all about doing what you can, or otherwise handling the show. I was not responding at all to the OP's issue. There was a side discussion regarding the comment, "remember it's just an opener". I was commenting in that side discussion.

As far as the show, handling an opener is the same as any other show...work within the limitations presented, do the best job possible. The fact that openers typically have much greater limitations imposed than that of the feature act means the opener's show will usually not turn out quite as impressive. It'll probably still be better than the average bar show.

Apparently I have misunderstood you.

I've went back & read thru this thread a few times all the way up to the point where you made this statement

"Well, yeah, you're gonna care if you're the band. But nobody else does. If they did, the issues of footprint wouldn't come up."

I'm not sure what I'm not understanding about this comment at the point of the conversation it was made in, but I guess at this point it's simply a misunderstanding.

Aside from that I think we understand & agree, work w/in the limitations imposed.........if there are some, do the best job possible.

Archived