Pa Systems?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What about FBT powered speakers. Their Maxx 2A speakers are awsome. Clean, tight, responsive, high SPL, small, light weight, and extremely portable. I think RMC Audio had them for about $580 a speaker. For small solo acoustic coffee house stuff these are the real deal. I think these are leaps and bounds ahead any of the smaller Yorkville, JBL, Mackie, RCF, etc powered speakers. Dont let the 200W rating fool you. That rating is continuous power not peak. I use these for monitors in a loud rock band. They seem a LOT louder than 200W. Check em out....

http://www.rmcaudio.com/fbt/maxx_series.htm

• Members

Chiming in again because I have OWNED and GIGGED with a Bose L1, the DAWN system (2 of 'em), and the powered head/two speakers rig.

The main differences between the L1 and the new model are 1) the newer models base is much smaller and lighter; taking up less space and real easy to carry around. and 2) The speakers have been set in such a way to get even more coverage.
The downside is with the Module you will be paying $3,000. CraigV, Why would you want to spend close to that much and not get the newer model? Silly.
If I had the dough I would maybe re-consider the New Bose. I have heard some problems have came up regarding the module, including on their website forum. Not sure if these were isolated issues or not.

The dawn system is inexpensive, you won't need monitors, the sub is real good for what it is. The downside is they don't get loud. The little tweeter in them things sounds like ass, regardless of all the reviews on the 'net. If you're in a small indoor place they will work. Outdoors they fail miserably.

Powered mixer and two speakers. Its the rig I keep going back to as a solo act. Not too expensive, and you bring one to 4 speakers depending on the gig.
If its a bigger venue, add a sub and speakers 3, and 4 placed as sidefills/monitors.

Archived