I need a mixer!

• Members

I need a mini 4 channel mixer for my pedal board. I have two stereo signals (thus 4 patch cables) coming from effects that i want to mix together. I need something that has those 4 inputs(2stereo) and a stereo output coming from the mixer. I was looking at a few and a lot of the reviews on them talk about hiss issues. I want something really small but that has really good fidelity.

• Members

Could you be more specific? I thought I understood what you were doing until I read your second post. What are the actual pedals the stereo signals come out from? Why do you want to combine them? What do you want to put that signal into? Why do you have two amps? I think I get it now... one left, one right?

• Members

i have two effects and each has a mono input and a stereo output(2 jacks). i want to be able to run both in stereo so im going to set them up as follows.

Ill have a switcher which gets a mono signal and sends one line to one effect and the other line to the second effect. then each effect will have 2 lines coming from them because ill be using them in stereo. those 4 lines(two Rights and two Lefts) will go to the mixer and will be mixed down to 2 lines (a Right and Left) then they will go to a few other effects which have Right and Left inputs and outputs and finally the Right line will go to one amp and the Left line will go to another amp. hope that helps. let me know if you have any questions.

• Members

I think this will turn out much more difficult to mix than you think. Draw me a diagram and tell me what kind of pedals you are using and I can maybe help you out a little more. When things get this complicated things never turn out as you plan. I'm not saying its not possible, I'm just saying its difficult. You may want to talk to someone who designs pedal boards and they could help you more. Maybe something like a gound control pro and a ground control switcher would help you more.

• Members

mono pedals(boost, distortion, etc,)

one patch cable to switcher

switcher

one cable to stereo chorus and one to stereo panner

stereo chorus stereo panner

two cables(stereo) from the chorus to the mixer and two cables(stereo) from the panner to the mixer

Mixer

two cables(stereo) from the mixer to the DL4

line6 DL4

one cable from the dl4 to amp1 and one cable from the dl4 to amp2

amp1 Amp2

• Members

I'm a little confused what a "stereo panner" is used for. You cant just run the signals into a mixer and use their pan control?

If "stereo panner" guitarspeak for some sort of effect unit, I apologize. If its just a pedal that pans things, why is there a need for a seperate unit?

Archived