does this seem right

• Members

I'm looking at purchasing a couple of Beta 58's from a sound company not stupidly far from where I live after seeing an ad online. On enquiring about the condition of the mics I was sent a photo. Don't all beta 58's have blue lines on them?

I tend to think that the company is on the level, but the mic just doesn't look quite right to me, but I don't have one in person to compare it to.

• Members

I agree, but how much is the guy asking for them? Is the deal too good to be true?

It's not to good to be true. It's 150 aus each second hand - which I think is probably about right (retail is something like $500, street price something like $200).

• Members

It's not to good to be true. It's 150 aus each second hand - which I think is probably about right (retail is something like $500, street price something like $200).

In that condition, I'd think that you could do better than 75% of street on a used mic. $100-$125 each would be closer to being a good price for a B58.

• Members

In that condition, I'd think that you could do better than 75% of street on a used mic. $100-$125 each would be closer to being a good price for a B58.

Maybe in America.

Personally I've rarely seen them second hand, and I have no guarantee that the $200 street isn't fake (that's the price that most companies on ebay sell for).

In stores the price is $309.

• Members

Maybe in America.

Personally I've rarely seen them second hand, and I have no guarantee that the $200 street isn't fake (that's the price that most companies on ebay sell for).

In stores the price is $309.

Sorry - I was assuming that your street price listed was what they sold for new in a store. If the typical "discount" price is somewhere around $200, $150 doesn't sound too out there for a Beta.

Archived