Cloud 9 or Tuki Covers?

• Members

I'm ordering some speaker covers and I've narrowed it down to Cloud 9 Covers or Tuki Covers. Has anyone had experience with both to compare them in terms of the quality of the covers and the protection they offer?

Thanks.

• Members

I did some comparison shopping at both places and bought a set of covers from Tuki Covers. I didn't want anything super expensive and they make the old fashion vinyl covers from before the days of flight cases. These are great for local gigs, I am my own roadie and I didn't want something that was real heavy or real expensive. The covers protect my speaker cabinets from rain and dampness, as well as the bumps and bruises they can get from being transported regularly. I gave them the MFG model number when I ordered and the covers fit perfectly. Their prices are fair too. I got the covers in about a week after I ordered them. I'd give them a 5 star rating!

Mike T.

• Members

I own some Tuki covers for my QRX cabs. I bought thick padded (I believe canvas) covers from them. I paid $150 for a pair and feel they are worth every penny. They have held up well, not one chip on my cabs, and they fit great.

I have no other reference with other brands.

• Members

Another vote for www.undercovernyc.com. I looked at lots of manufacturers including both and Tuki and Cloud 9. Undercover at the time was the only place that made covers for my JBL PRX speakers (they were very new at the time) but they also offer free shipping for 2 or more covers which was great. I bought 4 and have been very happy.

• Members

I've had several Tuki speaker covers and I've been pleased with all of them. There's one problem, and I think this applies to all of the cover manufacturers out there, and it's this: If they don't make a cover for your application, they won't make one from a spec'd out diagram (or at least they wouldn't in the past). You have to send them the item. That can be expensive if they don't make the particular cover for your speaker cabinet.

• Members

+1 for Tuki. I have one for my '67 Fender Super Reverb. While I wish I had snagged that EWI ATA Case from audiopile for $100 earlier this week(!), I really like the tuki cover. It's light and does exactly what it is supposed to do. I wouldn't trust it if I had other people handling my gear or if it had to fly, but that's what the heavy duty stuff is for.

Johnny

• Members

Oh, one bad thing about the soft covers for your gear.

It looks horrible piled up in the corner! If you've got a few flight cases in the corner, it looks tons neater and way more professional IMHO!

Johnny

Oh, one bad thing about the ATA cases for the speakers and such. The weight. Especially since we've been talking about back pain on this board lately! :eek:

• Members
I've had several Tuki speaker covers and I've been pleased with all of them. There's one problem, and I think this applies to all of the cover manufacturers out there, and it's this: If they don't make a cover for your application, they won't make one from a spec'd out diagram (or at least they wouldn't in the past). You have to send them the item. That can be expensive if they don't make the particular cover for your speaker cabinet.

When i bought from LeCover I just gave Larry the dimensions over the phone. The covers fit is perfect.

• Members

When i bought from LeCover I just gave Larry the dimensions over the phone. The covers fit is perfect.

I suppose it all depends on the application. If it's something basic, then dimensions over the telephone would work. However, many speakers have side handles, top handles, grip handles to tilt back and roll on built-in wheels, etc. My Tuki covers for my RCF ART522 cabinets are shaped for the handles. I can't see any manufacturer getting something complex like that exactly right with dimensions over the telephone.

• Members
I suppose it all depends on the application. If it's something basic, then dimensions over the telephone would work. However, many speakers have side handles, top handles, grip handles to tilt back and roll on built-in wheels, etc. My Tuki covers for my RCF ART522 cabinets are shaped for the handles. I can't see any manufacturer getting something complex like that exactly right with dimensions over the telephone.

So do you think my covers don't have holes for handles? If you can read a tape measure and tell Larry what he needs to know he can build them. :)

Archived