Alesis MultiMix 6 FX Or Similar?

• Members

Looking for a small, not too expensive, mixer just for micing my guitar at gigs. I need some eq, phantom power, and a little reverb would be nice sometimes too. The Alesis MultiMix 6 FX seems to fit the bill. Any reservations or other suggestions?

• Members

fyi - I had a multimix 12FX and had it repaired under warranty 3 times in 2 years. No problems getting it fixed for free but you are out a mixer while waiting for it to return. I finally sold it and bought a mackie DFX12. I'm sure some peeps here will say I didn't get much of an improvement but so far, so good.

• Members

I have a Mackie DFX-6 that I use for tracks shows.

3 years...so far so good.

I used an STK Pro 801fx for 8 years until the FX stopped working. I still use it with an old Yamaha Reverb unit on occasion.

But the Mackie means just having one less piece of gear to plug in.

• Members

Yeah, I've had a DFX6 for a while now, still rugged as hell. Had an interesting accident with it last year, knocked it off a keyboard stand onto my laminate wood floor in my rehearsal room. It broke the floor! Desk doesn't have a scratch on it, but there's a sizable dent in the floor where the corner of it went through. Sounds great, too.

Archived