Crossover question

• Members

I have 2 Berhinger B1800x Subs that are being run in the active function(the switch on the back has bi-amp and passive). I have a CX2310 crossover by Berhinger and it's just being used for the subs. Which channel on the crossover should i use as far as input and output go?

• Members

Do you mean you are running the subs in mono, bridged mono, or linked together off one side of a power amp? If so, just pick a side on the crossover. Select stereo 2 way on the back. Assuming left. Left input, select the X1 on the back, dial the high/low frequency knob to about 100Hz, use the left low output on the back. MAKE SURE you are using the correct knobs and input outputs. There are a couple rows of silk screened legends across the crossover FRONT AND BACK that define what is used depending on the mode selected.

When I had mine (B1800X and CX2310), I mostly ran in simple 2 way stereo using the high/low freqeuncy filter to seperate the subs out. I avoided the mono summed sub output although I know some use that and try to dial in the high low to match the mono summed sub out frequency. Just a preference, but I don't want a signal and non-signal summed. Probably not really a concern, electrically.

WHY are you not using the crossover for the tops, too? (Aux Fed Subs, maybe?) It's best to get the stuff going to the subs out of the tops. Avoids a lot of LF muddiness.

Boomerweps

Archived