setting levels/gains on X-overs-EQ's?

• Members

I just wanted to get some info and opinions on where the best place to set the gains/levels of crossovers, EQ's? I've always left the levels on them half way up, for the X-over, and EQ's. What are some recommendations?

Behringer 231 ultragraph pro EQ (FOH, and Mon.)

Peavey VSX 2-3way (running it 2-way)

Thanks, Randy

• Members

Unity is a good staring point. With my x-over I have to back slightly on the low sum out on my 2-subs LS700P which can walk all over my 2-NX35 tops and my EQ is set at unity as well. Really didn't understand Dboomers remark why would manufacturer mark a 0 if it's not unity? That don't make sense IMO.:confused:

• Members

Really didn't understand Dboomers remark why would manufacturer mark a 0 if it's not unity? That don't make sense IMO.
:confused:

How then would you figure "unity" on a crossover since your intent is music. Let's say you put in 1V rms of full range signal or pink noise into the front end. It's gonna divide that up across the band passes so with "no gain" anywhere each output will be lower than the input value ... right??;);)

I usually run a sine wave middle of the bandpass and adjust the output for unity there (downstream gear notwithstanding)

Archived