effects units

• Members

Well, my effects unit is taking a crap, so I've been looking at something different. All I want is a reverb and a delay, and I run them through separate auxes and back through channels. Delay for vocals, and a slight reverb on some drums, maybe acoustic guitar, but only for certain rooms. So, I guess, dual engines, and I don't wanna spend over $400. I'd really like it if I could get away with less than that, but don't wanna sacrifice a lot of quality. Reliability is important also. I've been using the search and user reviews, as well as other reviews, and I think I've narrowed it down to:

TC Electronics M300

TC Electronics M One

Alesis something or other (Microverb, maybe, Quadraverb? Not sure on this one)

Anyone have any other ideas on anything else I should be looking for? I'd considered Lexicon, but had read some not so great reviews for the units in my price range.

• Members

What did you have? Maybe it's repairable?

It's a Digitech Studio Quad...It might even just say Quad (not Studio), I can't remember. I think it might've been a b-stock that I bought used years ago. It's worked great until recently, and they go for pretty cheap on the 'bay, so I just gotta wonder how reliable it's gonna be from here on out (as in, if it's going for so cheap, is there really nothing wrong with it?). I changed a parameter on it (the delay time) and all of a sudden I was getting all kinds of hiss. So, I did a factory reset, got the delay to work fine, then the reverb quit working.

• Members

if you need a new unit, the M One is the unit to buy. I have both and don't think the M300 will do exactly what you are needing. I tried with my unit to get seperate ins and outs, but the 2 inputs still summed no matter what I did.

I really like the M One, it has a lot more flexibility than the M300

• Members

The TC M-One seems to be the most popular in the 200-400 price range.

However, I have two Lexicon MPX-550s I use for reverbs and they sound great and have been trouble free for several years. I like their user interface better than the current Lexicon units. You can find them used for around $150.

Archived