Meyer UPA-2C

• Members
How would a Meyer UPA-2C compare to something like the MRX512m or SRX712? I've had someone offer me a pair for $800, and a pair of 650-R2's for $1000.

Those are definately a step up from mrx-srx. At that price they are a steal. Are you sure that they are not stolen? :)

• Members

Those are definately a step up from mrx-srx. At that price they are a steal. Are you sure that they are not stolen?
:)

Nope, however the owner repainted them white... and did so poorly, so they need a new paint job, but they work great.

• Members

Are they the ones that have been on eBay for a few weeks now? The highest bid I've seen on them is this past time they were listed, at $630 for the pair, and reserve wasn't met. That made me think maybe something wasn't quite right with them and I was missing it.

• Members

Are they the ones that have been on eBay for a few weeks now? The highest bid I've seen on them is this past time they were listed, at $630 for the pair, and reserve wasn't met. That made me think maybe something wasn't quite right with them and I was missing it.

Yea, thats them. Maybe since he has "freight" listed as shipping its scaring people off? (shipping is $90 for the pair)

Both have been tesed and are working great

. I guess that's what Paypal's buyer protection is for. :D

• Members

Just remember that "buyer protection" is only as good as the buyer allows it. Essentially, PayPal doesn't protect anything. But if you file a dispute, they'll remove the funds from the seller's account and put them "on hold" so the seller can't withdraw the funds.

If you buy something and the seller immediately withdraws the funds from their account, PayPal's buyer protection won't do anything for you.

We ran into a problem here at work with a customer who used PayPal's Buyer Protection on an item that never arrived (lost in shipping, apparently). It was sent internationally and they didn't want to pay for insurance. They filed a claim with PayPal, we provided tracking information, receipts that it was sent, and the buyer even agreed that it was the shipping company's fault, and PayPal still removed the funds from our account, saying it was "our responsibility to make sure the items made it to their destination or to refund the buyer's money, regardless of whether the buyer chose to purchase insurance". It even said on the auction we were not responsible for items lost in transit if the buyer didn't want insurance. We now carry a $0 balance in our PayPal account.

/animosity

Archived