Sonuus i2m USB audio--->MIDI - any users about?

salsantana0

• Members

For a few years I've been using the Sonuus i2m audio-->MIDI interface; with fantastic, albeit monophonic tracking it really won my favor over using the Roland GR-55 guitar synthesizer. Playing my Strat and triggering any VSTi has been really reliable. Using Cubase's Logical Editor I can clean up those little glitches, usually less than a 32nd note the simple script yields excellent MIDI notes in seconds. As it appears from the Sonuus website, though, I wonder if the company even exists any longer. Shame, they might have come up with a polyphonic converter. The i2m is about half the size of a pack o' cigarettes, but packs what not very long ago required something more rack-size.

However, and suddenly, as I'm playing single-note leads with VSTi, it's as if an ADSR "release" stage is turned up somewhat. I pull all release knobs on VST's down to 0, but no change. Another thing is it seems as if some buffer is filling up; I have to stop playing as if the unit has to "catch up".

My question is a probe for possible causes not related to the i2m hardware, but something DAW or Windows 10 related. As above, it seems the Sonuus company has taken permanent vacation.

TIA in case any ideas ignite :)