• Members

there are a pair of SX500's on my local Craigslist. He wants $600.00 for the pair. I have no experience with these units and the reviews on-line are pretty limited. Does anyone have an opninion on these as FOH?(no subs) They would be driven by a Crown XLS802. It's a 5 piece classic rock band playing fairly small bars (maybe 100 peeps tops). We only run vocals and acoustic guitars through the board.

• Members

there are a pair of SX500's on my local Craigslist. He wants $600.00 for the pair. I have no experience with these units and the reviews on-line are pretty limited. Does anyone have an opninion on these as FOH?(no subs) They would be driven by a Crown XLS802. It's a 5 piece classic rock band playing fairly small bars (maybe 100 peeps tops). We only run vocals and acoustic guitars through the board.

I had a pair powered full range with a PLX3402. Somebody stole all my equipment and trailer made off with them. :mad:

Pros:

- As already mentioned, great sounding speakers

- Nice dispersion. The horn is aimed down slightly

Cons:

- One of the weirdest looking cabinets

- What the heck were they thinking with handle placement? They are all on one side.

All in all... Good buy. Go after them!!!

Archived