Rack case for a A&H Mixwiz 16:2

• Members

Hello,

Been looking to buy a A&H Mixwiz 16:2. Does anyone recommend a rack case for it that would fit it just perfectly and will not be too big. Would a GRC-10x12 PU Pop-Up Console Rack - Rolling 10x12? work? Please give specific model numbers if you can.

thanks.

• Members

We got a Gator G-Mix ATA Rolling Pop-up Mixer Case 12 space and it works well - but I was a little bummed that I had to fold the back section of the A&H under the mixer instead of leaving it down. If the case was only a little deeper, you wouldn't have to do that. The case does work well though. I'd just recommend for weekend gigging and not a life on the road.

• Members

I got a gig rig for mine and I like it alot .. It is somewhat bulky but I am able to leave the snake inside connected and coiled up inside and i also have a power supply and my DRPA and eq's in it.. I keep my amps in a separate rack.

It takes two people to lift into a truck or up stairs though.. has four handles built in

• Members

I got a gig rig for mine and I like it alot .. It is somewhat bulky but I am able to leave the snake inside connected and coiled up inside and i also have a power supply and my DRPA and eq's in it.. I keep my amps in a separate rack.

It takes two people to lift into a truck or up stairs though.. has four handles built in

Sounds exactly like my set up. Slant rack with the board on top, electronics in the vertical part - and enough space at the bottom to keep the snake. Everything within it is prewired - so that setup is reduced to plugging it in and extending the snake.

It's certainly has some heft to it (although not as heavy as the amp rack!). It rolls great but is definitely a two person lift. The size/weight has it's drawbacks - but the time that prewiring everything saves makes dealing with the size/weight well worth it.

• Members

what's the purple mixer thingie?

not that i'm still copying all your {censored} man.
:thu:

Actually that is an old picture. It's a Klark-Teknik Square One Dynamics. Awesome 8 channel comp/limiter/gate. We don't use it anymore. I am looking for some "modern pics" but I might have to take them since my stage rack has just changed again.

How are you guys doing?

• Members

Had some personell issues, but we're all back. Next show at the Alley again, 6/20 for a charity.

Drummer got a Roland kit, so he's all electric now!

You guys ever gonna play a show I can make it to?:poke:

I should have some rig pics to share next week, although it's pretty much the same case you have.

• Members

Had some personell issues, but we're all back. Next show at the Alley again, 6/20 for a charity.

Drummer got a Roland kit, so he's all electric now!

You guys ever gonna play a show I can make it to?:poke:

I should have some rig pics to share next week, although it's pretty much the same case you have.

We will be play out.....I promise!!!!!

We are working on an all '75 to '79 show for our high school's 30th reunion. The three of us doing disco (very little but it was that era) is interesting, to say the least.

• Members

We will be play out.....I promise!!!!!

We are working on an all '75 to '79 show for our high school's 30th reunion. The three of us doing disco (very little but it was that era) is interesting, to say the least.

I'm working on the set list for our 35th.

Humm... Any advice? (and no... I don't believe we could pull-off Dark Side of the Moon).

• Members

I'm working on the set list for our 35th.

Humm... Any advice? (and no... I don't believe we could pull-off Dark Side of the Moon).

For the most part I'd like to trade with you. 75 to 79 was pretty much the low tide of 70s music.

Here is a sample of the top 5 from each year...

1. Love Will Keep Us Together, The Captain and Tennille

2. Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell

3. Philadelphia Freedom, Elton John

4. Before The Next Teardrop Falls, Freddy Fender

5. My Eyes Adored You, Frankie Valli

1. Silly Love Songs, Paul McCartney and Wings

2. Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Elton John and Kiki Dee

3. Disco Lady, Johnnie Taylor

4. December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night), Four Seasons

5. Play That Funky Music, Wild Cherry

1. Tonight's The Night, Rod Stewart

2. I Just Want To Be Your Everything, Andy Gibb

3. Best Of My Love, Emotions

4. Love Theme From "A Star Is Born", Barbra Streisand

5. Angel In Your Arms, Hot

1. Shadow Dancing, Andy Gibb

2. Night Fever, Bee Gees

3. You Light Up My Life, Debby Boone

4. Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees

5. Kiss You All Over, Exile

1. My Sharona, The Knack

2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer

3. Le Freak, Chic

4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart

5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb

Overall, not a lot for a three piece power trio.....

• Members

Ugh, class of 76 and much of the music was indeed pretty poor,

Wow, not many places I can go and feel young......

70's music was bad. Luckily we might just do a 1 hour tribute and do our stuff for the rest of the night.

• Members

Here's a pic of my "FOH" rack (note that we "mix from stage" so the rack is never really out in the house....). The picture is a little dated - I've since added a cheapie rack mount DI unit.

The three cable bundles are pre-wired within the rack. The bundle on the left are the signal sends that go to the amp rack (it's a 20 foot cable so we typically put the FOH rack to the left of the drummer and the amp rack to the right (amp rack serves double duty as a stand for the guitar player's combo amp.)) The two drop box snakes are Lil' Bro 30' footers. one gets set next to the drummer and supports all the backline connections - the other gets set at the front of the stage and supports the front line vocals and sax connections.

In addition to the cables shown in the picture - a short mic cable are prewired and stored in the rack as well. This connects to a wireless unit that I velcro to the side of the rack when in use. There's also a 20 foot TRS cable that sends an AUX output to my Keyboard mixer for my vocal monitor mix.

I use a pair of bungee chords that strap across the cable bundles once they're laid in the bottom of the rack that prevents them bouncing around during transport.

Again - it's heavy - but all the prewiring makes setup a snap.

Rack.jpg

• Members

Wow, not many places I can go and feel young......

70's music was bad. Luckily we might just do a 1 hour tribute and do our stuff for the rest of the night.

Class of "77" myself,and looking at the list above,it appears you are forgetting all the killer music that was out there then.Back then FM radio was the new advent,and most of the songs listed above were AM radio playlists!!! What about Robin Trower,Uriah Heep,Deep Purple,Hendrix,I mean,man! There is a TON of good {censored} that will lend itself to a killer list for a power trio! Rush,Triumph,ZZ Top,C'mon guys!!! Nazareth,Zepplin,on,and on it goes:poke::thu::lol:BTW,I got an EWI R16U-I from Audiopile for my MixWiz.

• Members

Class of "77" myself,and looking at the list above,it appears you are forgetting all the killer music that was out there then.Back then FM radio was the new advent,and most of the songs listed above were AM radio playlists!!! What about Robin Trower,Uriah Heep,Deep Purple,Hendrix,I mean,man! There is a TON of good {censored} that will lend itself to a killer list for a power trio! Rush,Triumph,ZZ Top,C'mon guys!!! Nazareth,Zepplin,on,and on it goes:poke:
:thu:
:lol:BTW,I got an EWI R16U-I from Audiopile for my MixWiz.

The reunion committee requested all songs be #1 hits of those years. They were more Donna Summer then Nazareth. :facepalm:

I spent most of my time listening to Cheap Trick, Chicago, Black Sabbath, and Aerosmith.

• Members
The reunion committee requested all songs be #1 hits of those years. They were more Donna Summer then Nazareth. :face

Oh.Didn't catch that in the previous post.Wow! Sucks to be you at this gig,huh?:lol::thu: You guys will do great whatever you decide.

Archived