Should I use an ART preamp for live work?

• Members

Did you buy your stuff used? The one I'm looking at is in a pawnshop.

I plan on opening it up first thing and looking to see what's in there.

I assume it's the factory install and nowhere have I read that they use SOVTEK tubes. Just hand selected tubes. What does Hand selected mean? that they grabbed it from a box, by hand? LOL!

It means anything they want it to mean. Who cares as long as it works as it's intended to?

• Members

Did you buy your stuff used? The one I'm looking at is in a pawnshop.

I plan on opening it up first thing and looking to see what's in there.

I assume it's the factory install and nowhere have I read that they use SOVTEK tubes. Just hand selected tubes. What does Hand selected mean? that they grabbed it from a box, by hand? LOL!

if you are buying an art tubemp for 30 bucks used then you are getting ripped off.

• Members

if you are buying an art tubemp for 30 bucks used then you are getting ripped off.

I see your point. I can get a brand new one for 29 something plus shipping. with a warranty.

I'll use that info to get it cheaper at the pawn shop and I thanks you for your timely advice.

I get a thirty day warranty at my local pawnshop.

thanks everyone for your very helpful advices and info.

it does take a village and this is a great village.

Thanks again everbody.

you cats and dogs(woof) are great!

TD

• Members

I see your point. I can get a brand new one for 29 something plus shipping. with a warranty.

I'll use that info to get it cheaper at the pawn shop and I thanks you for your timely advice.

I get a thirty day warranty at my local pawnshop.

Good luck trying to get the pawnshop to honour their warranty.

Thirty bucks with a three year sounds pretty good to me. You'd have to get the "smash and grab" special for $10.00 (or less) to make it worthwhile.

Just my minus two cents.

Archived