Narrowing down speaker choice (Peavey)

• Members

I'm replacing my JRX 125's ( as I put in part of another thread), and am narrowing my choices. I'll be running them out of one side of my PLX 3602. I've decided against the Yamaha Clubs. And the MRX's are a little to expensive. So I'm thinking:

Peavey SP2, SP5, and I'm really liking the Impulse 1012's (someone suggested them to me in my last thread.)

Any other suggestions in this price range before I pull the trigger?

And any reviews on any of the Peavey's I mentioned would be appreciated.

Thanks. (Again).

• Members

Is there a Yorkville dealer nearby? New ones may be out of your range, but used ones are quite reasonable. I have an older set of Elite E404's that I've been quite happy with.

Be careful with your amp power and the speakers you are looking at - you may have enough power to hurt the speakers. However, if you were judicious with feeding of the JRX's, your self control is good and you may be OK.

• Members

We have some Peaveys in our store, not the models u mention but some passive and PR15D and PR12D.

I suggest you listen to them and compare them next to something else, pay attention to the lo to high mids where vocals and instruments are situated, they need to be audible and clear.

Archived